No beer. No ice cream. Did i say no beer??? Two weeks in for the latest round of Whole Life Challenge. It’s been very good so far. The Paleo flu has come and gone. Only six more weeks to go. Would I want to do it long term? Probably not, however it’s good to do it a few times a year for a tune up. I have set a few PR’s which is always good. Strength stuff which I’ll take any day of the week. Let’s not forget, why run when you can dead lift and CrossFit isn’t supposed to be track.
How do you know you are eating Paleo?
- Dishwasher gets run twice a day, except on Sundays when it’s maybe three times
- Two crockpots going at the same time is not strange
- The lunchbox is significantly larger
- paleOMG is your new favorite read
- you’d kill for some sugar…..
One of the wonderful side effects of sober fridays and saturdays, is productive saturdays and sundays. Who else is up at five am on the weekends? This is probably my favorite time of year so it works out well because I am up and outside enjoying the fall while everyone else is in bed sleeping. It’s a beautiful world early in the morning.
What is Paleo? The chart below pretty much sums it up.
This past Week’s WOD’s:
- Leader of the Pack WOD 1:
- 10 Min AMRAP
- Run 600m
- 20 Hand Release Pushups
- in time remaining get as far as you can in the following ladder:
- 2 Power Cleans (115/75)
- 20 Double Unders
- 4 Power Cleans
- 20 Double Unders or 60 singles
- made it through eight cleans, i think i went up to 135 instead, or maybe 155.
- Back Squat 10-10-10 ***last set should be 5-10 lbs heavier than Sept 8th
- Worked up to 275 for 10 which was a 20 lb PR
- 10 Rounds for time Partner WOD –
- 3 Stone to Shoulder (145/95)
- 6 Push Jerks (155/105)
- 9 Pull ups
- 12 Cals on Rower
- Partner 1 goes through ENTIRE round, then tags off to partner 2. 10 Rounds total between the 2 people.
- This was Kylie and I and we did well. Everything was Rx, except those stupid freakin’ pull ups
Thursday was running and wall balls, so it was a strategic rest day. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.
- 1RM Clean and Jerk ***take time to go over split jerk technique***
- 15 lb PR, hit 205
- Poor coach Rebs…to me a push jerk is a press, or a push press…..not ever a jerk
Saturday and Sunday are running days and running errands days. Work has been busy so this gives me two days to catch up on some stuff.