We topped this past week with “Barbells for Boobs”, which is a great cause. We had several participants and raised a little over $6,000.00. Plus the Ravens just lost, which is a great ending for any week!
Helen Meets Grace
Two-person team workout with one person working at a time, except for the 400m runs, which must be performed together.
- THREE rounds of:
- 400 meter run
- 21 kettlebell swings (Rx 53/35#)
- 12 pull-ups
- 30 clean and jerks (Rx 135/95#)
Eric and I did it in 16:24. The run was the worst part, it just adds a lot of time for me, because, well, I hate running.
I was really proud of everyone who participated today. Everyone worked hard. I heard a few people set PR’s with the clean and jerks. Nice to see!
There are three weeks left for Whole Life Challenge and I think we are all buckling down and making a big push to get the most out of the last three weeks. We cheated on Friday night and had a few beers with some friends. We both woke up Saturday morning and agreed we were good for another few weeks. I definitely feel better and am not in a hurry to go back to the old ways any time soon. I think we’ll stick with it for a while after it is over.
This Week’s WOD’s:
- Three rounds for time of:
- Run 800 meters
- 50 HIp Extensions
- 50 Anchored Sit-ups (no GHD)
This was tough and my hamstrings and lower back are still tight! 150 hip extensions is no joke.
- Row 1000m
- 50 Thrusters 45 pound bar
- 30 Pull Ups
- High Hang Clean(Full) + Hang (Above the Knee) Clean; 8 sets x 2 reps OTM; 145 lbs
- Back Squat 225 x 10 reps x 3 sets; rest 3 min
- Split Jerk 5 reps x 3 sets rest 60 sec
- Pendlay Row 10-12 reps; rest 60 sec
- 145 lbs
- 10 Power Snatch 95 pounds
- 7 Handstand Push Ups
- 10 T2B
I took Wednesday and Saturday off. I did take Berger for a four or five mile walk Saturday morning.